! TICKETS ON SALE NOW !
AKIRA SATAKE 佐竹晃 IN HONG KONG | EXHIBITION, WORKSHOP, DEMO
January 18-21, 2019
Tickets: https://bit.ly/2Q0BQnZ (Visa/MasterCard only)
All prices in Hong Kong dollars
Artist talk & exhibition @ LUMP
Friday, January 18, 7-9pm
Free, open to public
Demo @ Hive Spring, Wong Chuk Hang
Saturday, January 19, 3-5pm
Current LUMP member $300 (Log in with your account to enjoy the discount)
2-Day Hands-on Workshop @ LUMP
Sunday-Monday, January 20-21, 10am-4pm
Current LUMP member $3,200 (Log in with your account to enjoy the discount)
Workshop outline: In this 2-day workshop, Akira Satake will focus on how to create his signature forms through both hand building and wheel techniques. He will show how he makes his iconic forms, how to throw “soft & loose,” and how to layer & apply surface textures. Students will take turns on the wheels, alternating between hand building and wheel throwing projects. All levels welcome.
Number of spots: 20
- Making slabs and applying kohiki slip.
- Wire cutting, stretching and tearing chunks of clay (mixed with sand) to build sculptural pieces.
- Throwing yunomi, sake cup, chawan and more using the technique of applying a whip cream like soft clay to the surfaces of wheel thrown or hand built pieces and then altering them.
- Whacking, stretching kohiki slabs and shaping the pieces. cup and teapot.
- How to achieve the Japanese aesthetic: chawan, yunomi, guinomi foot ring carving
- Finish assembling all pieces.
Find out more, and get the latest updates about the event, on our Facebook event page.